Thursday, April 5, 2012

Don't Get Mad, GET GLAD

In my house at home and in my dorm room, I use Glad trash bags. Ever since I can remember we have used these kinds of trash bags. I did not know until I saw a commercial that this company was trying to help the environment. The commercial I believe is new because I can not find it anywhere on the internet. One thing that Glad Trash Bags is doing is making 65% recycled bags. They make them for household trash cans, outdoor, large, and small. I never really thought about how much plastic trash bags actually use. There is so much waste anyways that is thrown out daily, I am glad that Glad is helping to do its part. Something that impresses me about this company is they are charging the same price for the green product, then the regular product. I know that sometimes “Green” products are more expensive. I was so impressed that the New York Times included that information, my respect for the company went higher. According to the New York Times, “The new bags will reduce the use of plastic at Glad Products by 6.5 million pounds a year, Ms. Hagedorn said, or the equivalent of 140 million bags. That is brought to life in the campaign by calling the amount enough plastic “to cover all of Manhattan” or “to fill over 200 garbage trucks.” This just says a lot about the company. I am proud to say that I use Glad bags and will continue to support this company.  For more good information about this topic I would recommend reading the article from the New York Times below, the article has some great information.

Click on this link to watch a video about how Glad is helping out even at college sporting events. It would be awesome to see this here at UCA. http://www.glad.com/waste-less/one-bag/

http://www.glad.com/products/trash-bags/recycle/recycling-bags-outdoor/

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/19/business/media/glad-cuts-the-hyperbole-for-its-new-green-trash-bag.html

No comments:

Post a Comment